Due: Midnight 2/25/21
The textbook discusses press releases/news releases thoroughly if you need more information. There are different kinds of press releases, but for the purpose of this project, you will simply create a traditional news release format as discussed in the textbook.
Class Discussion and Review: Purdue OWL Press Releases
The company should correlate to your first project for this class. Options:
- If you picked option one for project one then you should create the press release from scratch. I suggest you find a similar company online and one of their press releases and then mimic the style.
- Ditto if you picked option two.
- If you picked a real company for project one then mimic its existing press release style only with you or your PR manager as the contact.
- Press Release #1 (500 words)
- Conform to the press release in the text or examples given in class
- Must be AP Style
- Must include at least one image with caption
- Must have a lead with the 5 Ws
- Must include a crafted quote written by you just for the press release
- Must include boilerplate copy
Project Submission: Email me your press release as a Word or Google document. After you receive an initial grade and suggested edits, you will post on your website in a media room as part of the final project.
Examples of press releases, press rooms, and online media centers: