- PR Daily: How many blog posts should you publish?
- Role and Responsibility Lecture Slides
- Preparing to Write Lecture Slides
Due: Refer to syllabus
The textbook discusses press releases/news releases thoroughly if you need more information. There are different kinds of press releases, but for the purpose of this project, you will simply create a traditional news release format as discussed in the textbook.
The company should correlate to your first project for this class. Options:
- If you picked option one for project one then you should create the press release from scratch. I suggest you find a similar company online and one of their press releases and then mimic the style.
- Ditto if you picked option two.
- If you picked a real company for project one then mimic its existing press release style only with you or your PR manager as the contact.
- Press Release #1 (500 words)
- Conform to the press release in the text or examples given in class
- Must be AP Style
- Must include at least one image with caption
- Must have a lead with the 5 Ws
- Must include a crafted quote written by you just for the press release
- Must include boilerplate copy
Project Submission: Post on your website in the blog section (post like a normal blog but with the press release format and add PRESS RELEASE: before your news release headline as the blog title) or create a MEDIA CENTER/PRESS ROOM and post there.
Media Center/Press Room examples:
Sample Press Releases:
- The Coca-Cola Foundation Gives Back $84.5 Million in 2015 to Benefit Nearly 300 Organizations
- Help Deliver an AIDS Free Generation on World Aids Day with Your Purchase at Starbucks
- Whole Foods Market® East Lansing Set to Open April 13, 2016
- The Beautiful New Digital World Of The Ritz-Carlton
- Apple Reports Record Fourth Quarter Results
- Westfield Garden State Plaza hosts two events for Bright Pink, a national non-profit for early detection of breast and ovarian cancer during VIPink Weekend