- Your group will organize a press conference for the company of your choice. Each person will be responsible for their own written/spoken piece, but you should interact together to make decisions about each piece to make sure the press conference flows and that materials and messaging our cohesive.
- The PR person is in charge of writing a press release to announce the press conference and introducing the speaker at the press conference. The PR person will also help answer questions after the speech.
- The executive is in charge of writing a speech and giving the speech at the press conference. The executive will also answer questions after the speech with the help of the PR person.
- The reporter(s) are in charge of asking questions after the speech and writing a blog article about the press conference. Each reporter should write their own article. You will pre-write the blog article, but you will ask the questions at the press conference (so they questions and answers should be pre-planned).
- Be creative with the planning i.e. type of press conference, dress, presentation, etc.
- Have fun! You should entertain us. Don’t be boring.
- Please post your written piece on your website by the start of the class in which you are presenting.
- The press conference should take approximately 10 minutes so plan accordingly
- 20% creativity
- 30% overall team collaboration
- 50% clarity and cohesiveness of individual written contribution