Start-Up Company Website Project
Your main project in this class will be to create your own company with a corresponding website. You have three options below for picking a company.
Options for Company
- You were hired as part of a cool, new startup company. Name the company and develop the materials/project deliverables with you as the owner and/or public relations manager. You can really make up whatever titles you want.
- Create your own PR agency from scratch. This option allows you to develop materials for creating your own PR agency that you could potentially use in the future. For example, you might start your own agency to work specifically with publicity for NFL players or restaurants or bands.
- Imagine you are a PR agency that was hired to revamp materials for an existing company. You pick the company and edit its existing materials. For example, you might be hired to give a facelift to Macy’s materials such as its tagline, mission, vision, and values. This option will require a reflective blog post on why your choices are better than the original.
Now build a website for your company … I recommend using a free template on WordPress.com, but you can use whatever platform you are most comfortable with on your own. Many students last year preferred to use WIX.com, but WordPress has made many upgrades since then.
- Website Home Page featuring:
- Mission, Vision, Values Page featuring:
- Mission (why does the company exist?)
- Vision (what is the future of the company?)
- Values (guiding principles that dictate desired behavior and action)
- Blog Page, which may have a clever name as well, prominently featured (this is where you will post your final blog posts to be submitted as the final project) FABULOUS EXAMPLE HERE
Submit your website’s URL by February 11, 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous student websites are available on my website if you need a visual sample. Feel free to browse through them for ideas.
Suggested Examples and Articles: