Class 6: Monday, Oct. 21, 2019
- Freewrite: What do you consider art? What does art mean to you?
- Reading Response Article 1: New York Times “Fly Fishing is the New Bird-Watching”
- Review Essay 1 (student/instructor)
- Essay 2: Draft/Research/Ask Questions
Class 5: Monday, Oct. 14, 2019
- Freewrite: Write about something you are passionate about it and would like to do more, know more about, etc.
- Discuss ESSAY 2: Review Requirements
- Reading Response Article 1: New York Times “The Middle-Class Crunch”
- Reading Response Article 2: New York Times “Forged by Volcanoes“
Class 4: Monday, Oct. 7, 2019
- Freewrite: Tell me about a time you did something WRONG.
- Peer Review: 2x Partners/Make FINAL edits (CLICK HERE for Peer Review Steps & Checklist)
- Print and turn in final ESSAY 1
- Write a 1/2 page reflection on what you learned writing ESSAY 1 and what you plan to work on doing better for ESSAY 2. Turn it in and you are done for the day!
Class 2: Monday, Sept. 23, 2019
- 1st 30 Minutes: Freewriting (Prompt: Write about a recent personal experience)
- Writing discussion
- Review requirements for Essay 1
- Reading & Responding 2: New York Times article
Class 1: Monday, Sept. 16, 2019
- 1st 30 Minutes: Freewriting 1 (Optional Prompt: Who Are You?)
- Review Syllabus
- Intros: 20 Questions
- Reading & Responding 1: Click Here for New York Times Article